The Friends of the Grape turns 20!!!!
On October 4-6, 2019 during Friends Weekend we will be celebrating 20 years of the Grape.
And like any 20 year old it needs to make money to support its life style. This year we are hoping to raise over $100,000 for the Church and $40,000 for the school. Lofty goals, but we believe the community can make that happen on Friends Weekend.
We have 10 weeks before the Grape and each week we will be highlighting many of the unique aspects of the event along with the financial goals. We also have 20 suggestions on how you can participate and support this event in the next few weeks:
- Mark your Calendars and Save the Date.
- Support the Raffle by purchasing raffle tickets.
- Take a Poster and hang it up in the Neighborhood.
- Volunteer to work the event.
- We would like to e-mail out invitations to at least 200 new people! Do you have some e-addresses that you would send to?
- Support the Heads and Tails Raffle.
- We need Auction Items. Tickets to sporting events, theatres, museums, getaway homes, electronics, art and jewelry, gift certificates to restaurants to mention a few.
- We need volunteers for set-up on Thursday night.
- We need volunteers to work Friday night.
- We need volunteers for set-up on Saturday morning.
- We need volunteers for set-up Sunday morning.
- We need volunteers to tweet, post, insta gram, snap chat and share information in any other way the young and the old talk to each other these days.
- We need to invite Alumni from the school and past Friends Events to come and celebrate.
- We need volunteers for Clean-up and Breakdown.
- We need volunteers for bartending Friday and Sunday.
- We need students to make Thank you Cards for the Paddle Raise donors.
- Wine is needed for the silent and live auctions.
- Buy Weekend Passes. Have your friends and family buy event tickets.
- Post about the weekend.
- Finally, be thankful for the many friends and memories we have of nineteen fabulous years!!
All are invited to attend our next planning meeting on Thursday, August 7th at 7pm in the Rectory. For questions or to offer help, please contact Terry (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Karyn (email@example.com).